CONNEX’s network of nearly 100 experts provides legal, financial, technical, socio-environmental as well as strategic expertise. These experts, gathered from world-class firms and institutions, have one goal: supporting governments to maximise the benefit of their resource, either a naturally created mineral or a man-made structure.
Examples our expertise have included:
- Supporting the revision of a sliding scale royalty in a gold/copper mine;
- Evaluating a mine’s potential for an international tender;
- Providing expertise in financial guarantees for mine closure;
- Preparing a government for the renegotiation of a copper mine;
- Sourcing tax and legal expertise for a copper/gold mine.
Many development institutions are keen to build capacity. While we understand that, it is very challenging in the context of contract negotiation.