The CONNEX Initiative consists of three pillars of complementary approaches that aim to cumulatively achieve the Initiative’s objective.
FIRST PILLAR – INFORMATION INTEGRATION AND ACCESSIBILITY
- Setting up and maintaining an online resource portal that brings together relevant tools and resources as well as details on those who can provide expert support when negotiating large-scale investment contracts.
SECOND PILLAR – INDEPENDENCE AND QUALITY OF ADVICE FOR CONCRETE NEGOTIATIONS
- Strengthening advisory support provided to low-income country governments in their negotiation of complex commercial contracts.
- Ensuring support is more comprehensive and more responsive to government’s needs in order to ultimately contribute to fairer, more sustainable investment deals as drivers of development.
- Applying the CONNEX Code of Conduct as a core element for improving the advice provided to developing countries.
- Sharing of knowledge among existing support Providers.
THIRD PILLAR – BUILDING STAKEHOLDER’ CAPACITIES
- Improving the delivery of capacity building methodologies ensure that low-income countries become better able to negotiate and monitor complex commercial contracts.