To understand the needs of partner countries as well as the technical expertise of both partner institutions and scholars, CONNEX held a Preparatory Session for the High-Level Forum on Investment Contracts in April 2022. It addressed two key issues: (1) Climate Change and (2) Sustainable Infrastructure Development. Some participants included:
- Partnership for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA) / GIZ;
- International Senior Lawyers Project;
- Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment;
- Natural Resource Governance Institute;
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (Investment Division);
- GIZ Sustainable Infrastructure Division;
- CONNEX Advisory Committee Members and CONNEX Support Unit members.
To gain momentum, the High-Level Forum on Investment Contracts shall take place virtually 12-13 September 2022 and frame these issues – by bridging them with contracts and clauses as technical tools for sustainable development.
Mark your calendars – the High Level Forum will take place virtually 12-13 September at 13:00 – 16:00 CEST.