CONNEX’s High Level Forum on Investment Contracts will take place 12-13 September 2022 between 13:00 – 16:00 CEST and include a leading group of individuals and institutions focusing on the importance of investment contracts and the role of negotiation support.
The High Level Forum is part of CONNEX’s Investment Contract Dialogues. Under the theme of “Contracts transforming investment projects”, the Forum will discuss practical aspects to achieve better investment contracts, particularly in mining and infrastructure.
For many resource rich countries, mining remains an important revenue source and with contracts lasting up to 30 years, negotiating support could mean significant advantages, not only for this generation, but also for the next one.
The Forum’s partial line-up of speakers includes:
- Bärbel Kotler, German State Secretary for Economic Cooperation and Development (opening remarks)
- H.E. Dr. Amani Abou-Zeid, African Union Commissioner for Infrastructure and Energy;
- Marjeta Jager, Deputy Director General, International Partnerships, European Commission;
- Professor Paul Collier, Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, United Kingdom;
- Ireen Musonda, Director, Public Investment Planning Directorate, Ministry of Finance and National Planning, Zambia;
- Chukwumerije Okereke, Director, Center for Climate Change and Development, Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo, Nigeria;
- Isabelle Ramdoo, Deputy Director, Intergovernmental Forum on Mining, Metals and Minerals for Sustainable Development, France;
- Molewuleh B. Gray, Chairman, National Investment Commission, Liberia;
- Santiago Pérez Ospina, Director, Mining Development, Antioquia Regional Government, Colombia
- Lou Wells, Herbert F. Johnson Professor of International Management, Emeritus, Harvard Business School, CONNEX Advisory Committee;
- Matthew Jordan-Tank, Director of Sustainable Infrastructure, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, United Kingdom;
- Nicola Woodroffe, Senior Legal Analyst, Natural Resource Governance Institute, USA.
CONNEX Board Member Dr. Sören Dengg commented, “we really look forward to the High Level Forum and have managed to attract a very diverse group of leading experts and practitioners to really push us towards a transformative development agenda. From CONNEX’s viewpoint, this begins with negotiation support to getting better deals for partner countries in both mining and infrastructure.”
Having been mentioned in the G7 Development Ministers Communique, CONNEX continues to make its “value for money” case among development practitioners and policy makers. With its recent success in helping with the renegotiation of a copper project in Panama, which will lead to a $15 billion increase in government revenue, the practical value and promise of negotiation support are clear.
Please join us – the registration link is here: Connex Investment Contracts Dialogues (mailingwork.de)